Thursday, August 13, 2009

New found independence


He just turned 5. Such a "big boy!" But today, he became an even "bigger boy." He got breakfast (cereal) on the table for him and his brother while I slept in an extra 10 minutes - ahhhh nice. Then, tonight, my oldest child, my first born baby took a shower ALL BY HIMSELF. This may not seem like a big deal to any of you, but it's HUGE to a mother. It marks a whole new independence. I feel like I'm losing "my baby." He is growing up so fast. On top of that, after I left with his little brother to go on a "date," he brushed his teeth, went potty, tucked himself into bed (daddy fell asleep on the couch), and called me on my cell phone to say goodnight (he learned how to call before I left). WOW - now that is a day of accomplishment! It is a day that makes me feel elated and heartbroken at the same time. But if I get 10 minutes more of sleep in the morning tomorrow, I may not feel so heartbroken over his new skills :)

1 comment:

The Trotter Family said...

Lucky you...I'm still waiting for that day!