Thursday, March 19, 2009

Bad Mom Award

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE my children BUT today was a bad bad day. I felt like I spent the entire day yelling at them about everything - ugh! The boys wouldn't stop fighting. Matthew woke up the baby by climbing INTO her crib while I was in the shower. After that fine moment, I was sent into a tizzy about everything (picking up toys, climbing on the couch, eating lunch, not listening, etc.). There were a few quiet, peaceful moments throughout the day, but the ending topped it off. Joseph was whining and crying about everything. Matthew popped him in the mouth with his head (causing a cut to start bleeding again). As Joseph walked around crying in sheer agony, I tried to calm him using calm words and a cold washcloth. It just wasn't enough, so I just yelled, "Just go bleed in your room! I don't want to hear anymore!" This is what motherhood is all about.

No comments: