Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I may be a little biased, but...


JennerRose Photography

Joseph is an amazing 4 1/2 year old boy! I went to his parent/teacher conference today, and found out many special qualities about my oldest son (not that I didn't know he was special :>) Number one, he is academically ready for kindergarten. Number two, he is ambidextrous - uses both right and left hand interchangeably to cut, write, etc. Only 25% of children his age have this trait. Interesting, eh? Number three, he has extreme empathy for others. If another child is crying, he will approach him/her and ask what is wrong and how he can make him/her feel better. How sweet is that! Number four, he is a strong leader. Supposedly, every day at school he organizes and assigns roles for the ENTIRE preschool class to play "monsters." Let's hope this quality will lead him to a successful career later in life. I could go on, but I don't want to sound too conceded (like I don't already?).

Ok - done bragging...


I just want to add something that he said today, so I don't forget (we call this a Josephism).
Joseph: I want to have my next birthday party at Chuck E.Cheese, and I'm going to invite
all the kids that don't have anything.
Mom: That sounds nice, honey. Why do you want to do that?
Joseph: Then I'll have goodie bags for them to have, and they won't be sad....(short pause) and
they can bring me a present, if they want, but they don't have to.
Mom: (Laughing while driving.) Sounds like a plan.


Guess it pays to show generosity to your children. We helped several needy families this past Christmas by giving them toys to give to their children.


3 comments:

The Trotter Family said...

What a sweet kid! You can brag all you want. I understand!

barbatron said...

WHat great pictures! ;)

That is one sweet little guy you have!!

The Kelly's Blog said...

That is precious. Great job Susan! it shows your parenting skills.