Friday, January 9, 2009

Bye, Bye Binky!

Matthew finally did it (with some encouragement from mom) - he gave his binkies to the "binky fairy." To those of you who have children with pacifier addiction, this is a BIG deal. He fell fast asleep without any binkies. I thought it would be harder, but it wasn't...no crying at all. I am also not allowing him to nap anymore because he was not falling asleep until 9 or 10 after I put him in bed at 7. These transitional times are harder on the parents than the children, I believe. We spend so much time treating our children like babies long after they have become "big girls/boys." A part of me is sad to let go of this stage of his life. I always call him my "baby boy." From this moment on, he will transform into my "big boy." How fast they grow!

10 month old Matthew, having fun with binky and Daddy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow you are brave! I wish I could do it with Emmy but I am way too scared!