Thursday, December 11, 2008

Visit with Santa




What a Christmas-spirited day...full of anticipation, excitement, happiness and WILD WILD energy! The kids and I went to visit Santa Clause at the Irvine Spectrum. The boys looked so handsome, and Elizabeth looked so cute. They all cooperated for pictures as well!

Seems like the perfect day, right? Well, the day wouldn't be complete without the normal "trying"behavior...We went to Target after seeing Santa. I was feeling so confident (maybe a little over confident) in my parenting skills as I had both boys holding onto the sides of the stroller, walking and listening so nicely. As I was thinking, "Wow, I have the best behaved children!" we reached the check-out aisle...Need I say more to you fellow mothers?

My 2 year old is touching all the candy that they so strategically place on their eye level, my 4 year old is trying to get the 2 year old to stop by pulling and pushing him to the ground, my 3 month old is beginning to cry for food, the lady behind me wants to strike up a conversation about how darling my kids are (and to tell me about her grandchildren), and the check-out clerk is asking me for money...the sweat begins to form at the top of my lip, and I am looking for the FASTEST way out of the store. PHEW - we survived (or should I say they survived)! Ready for naptime (at least I was).
Even after all that, it was a FANTASTIC day...ending with cookie making, decorating and eating...Merry Christmas everyone!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOL! I can just see the checkout scenario...I've been on the phone with Helene when those moments happen, and I've experienced it too! GET OUT FAST is right! :0D