Saturday, December 27, 2008

Sugar and Spice

Having two boys that captured my heart, and truly became "Mama's boys" has been fulfilling, but now I have a little girl. I love her differently than the boys - not more, not less, just different. I adore her girlie sweetness as I look into her beautiful eyes with the curled up, feminine eyelashes. I didn't think I was going to be the "frilly dress" type with my daughter, but on Christmas morning that all changed. I pulled out the tights, the gorgeous Christmas dress with satin bow, and the little red ruffled shoes - and my heart FILLED with pride of such a pretty little girl as I gently clothed her in such sweetness. And then, it hit me, really hit me...I have a DAUGHTER. Wow, a daughter!

What a silly face, about to smile! Gotta love the mohawk...

No comments: