Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Kids Say the Darnest Things...

We went to my parents annual Christmas Open House (BTW - the house looked beautiful and the food was amazing, Mom), and while I was trying to discipline my oldest I told him, "You better not run in the house because there are undercover cops here that will give you a bad ticket." Well, he took me seriously, and LITERALLY. A few moments later, I found Joseph in my parent's bedroom walking toward the bed with a guilty look on his face. I asked him what he was doing, and he said, "I want to look under the covers (referring to the "undercover cops" that I spoke of earlier)." It took everything in me not to laugh out loud in his face. The innocence and naivety of children, eh?

1 comment:

The Trotter Family said...

That is so funny! I love how they take things literally.