Friday, December 19, 2008

There are no words to describe...


how my heart feels from what I just witnessed tonight. My 4 year old son ADORES his baby sister (and I think the feeling is mutual). As I was telling him a bedtime story, he asked if the baby could lay with him. I obliged, and watched as he cuddled her, gave her the binky, told her how much he loves her, and kissed her repeatedly. Then he looked up at me and said, "Mom, this is SO cute. Do you have your camera? You can go get it. I'll babysit her while you go downstairs. You just have to take a picture." Elizabeth, the sweet baby she is, calmly drifted off to sleep, cuddling next to her biggest brother. My heart SWELLED. There truly are no words to describe the feelings in that moment.

2 comments:

The Trotter Family said...

This is exactly why I blog. I wouldn't remember these things down the road and it is easy to jot them down in a quick blog and have those memories forever. That is the sweetest! Don't you just love the things they say? It is amazing how they can make your heart melt!

barbatron said...

So cute Susan! He will make a grat husband and Father someday!