Friday, January 22, 2010

Lover boys

I thought when I had boys that I wouldn't need to worry about "love" crushes and girls for a VERY long time. Well...boy was I wrong! Both of my boys LOVE the girls already. Joseph says he has 3 girlfriends in kindergarten. And, Matthew, oh Matthew has the biggest crush at age 3. Sweet, little Madison has captured him completely, and it is the sweetest thing. He talks about her ALL THE TIME. He waits after preschool so he can hold the gate door open for her (what a gentleman!) We finally had Madison over to our house today for a playdate, and he was SO excited (and I have to admit that I was a bit nervous for him - haha). He even made her a valentine with a big red heart. He wanted me to write "Will you be my girlfriend?" on it, but we opted for "will you be my valentine?" They played so nicely together. I just love how soft and passive he plays with girls. He also tells me "I like girls" all the time. Guess the worry begins early for my 2 lover boys?!

1 comment:

The Trotter Family said...

Yikes! You are going to have your hands full. Wait, you do already!