Thursday, September 3, 2009

Heavy Heart

I have only ONE WEEK left before I watch my first born baby walk into a Kindergarten classroom, and out of my arms. ONE WEEK left before the lump forms in my throat while I wave goodbye with a smile to cover up my heartache. ONE WEEK left before the morning routine of having a relaxing breastfast, and watching a movie with my kids is unraveled into a frenzy to get ready and out the door on time. ONE WEEK left before my children are separated into individual worlds, only to reunite later in the day after school. ONE WEEK left before I worry if they miss me like I miss them. This reflects only half of what my heart feels. I am also excited for them to experience and learn new things, make new friends, and expand their tiny worlds. Where did the time go?

1 comment:

The Trotter Family said...

Don't let the sadness get to you. Remember how exciting this is for you and him to see him progress in life! He will love it and will get experiences that he wouldn't have at home. Stay positive and it will be a great day for you guys!