Thursday, September 17, 2009

Kiss my what?!?!?!

Matthew, my 3 year old, is having a hard time articulating his words, but not last night...After falling down and hitting his behind on the brick around our fireplace, he quickly and clearly told me, "Mama, kiss my butt" (meaning a literal kiss to make it better - haha). After thinking about what he said, he began laughing. Joseph, Matthew and I could not stop laughing over that one for quite a while. And, of course, the boys had to keep repeating the phrase because I found it so funny. Won't be so funny when one of them says it to a teacher, though...

A little later, Joseph went to actually kiss Elizabeth's butt (which he will probably be doing throughout their lives - haha), and pronounced that she had pooped. Not only that, but he went to get the wipes and diaper, and laid her down to change her diaper. He was REALLY going to do it UNTIL he saw the poop, then Matthew took over. With my supervision and guidance, my 3 YEAR OLD wiped my 1 YEAR OLD'S poopy butt. Wow - my kids are awesome! Now if only I can get Matthew to wipe his own butt properly. :)

(I apologize if the word "butt" is used excessively in this post or if it offends anyone.)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

This falls into the "Out of the mouth of babes" category...they stop you for a moment to take in what you just heard and then the laughter comes next. xo