Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Kindergarten readiness

This next week my oldest son's kindergarten teachers will be assessing him for this coming school year. They will have him write his name. They will have him identify letters, numbers and shapes. They will have him count, add and subtract objects to assess his simple math skills. And while I have NO doubt he will pass with flying colors, I'm not sure if I would pass an assessment of readiness. Where is the assessment for the mommies? Am I ready for kindergarten? Am I ready to send my first born baby off into the "real world?" As I toured the school, I became extremely excited for Joseph. As I listened to the principal talk about kindergarten, my eyes welled up a bit, and we are still THREE MONTHS away from the big event. Will I be able to hold it together long enough to not let the tears roll down my cheeks in front of my little man? Where did these 5 years go? My baby boy is growing up.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

time really does fly by!

The Trotter Family said...

I think I will cry more on the first day of school than Micah will! It is so hard to let go.