Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Heaven

Children can say the most profound things when you least expect it. My 5 year old enlightened me last night as we were reading stories and chatting. He asked, "How many lives do cats really have?" I proceeded to tell him that they only have 1 life, just as all humans do. Well, his reply caught me offguard..."No, Mom, we have 2 lives...1 life here and 1 life in heaven." Feeling inspired by his unquestioning faith, I asked him what he thought heaven was like. He responded by saying something that brought a tear to my eye..."Well, if you go there before me (which I pray is God's plan) write me a letter and draw me a picture, and send it down to me." I'll be sure to ask God for a piece of paper and some crayons when I get there many many years from now :)

No comments: