Saturday, December 5, 2009

THE question answered?

So, today my 5 year old and I were relaxing a bit and watching "Shrek the Third" when out came THE QUESTION. After Fiona tells Shrek she's pregnant, and he is freaking out about it, Joseph casually asks me "How did she get pregnant? How does the baby get in the belly?" OMG - WHAT?! is what I was thinking, but I tried to remain calm and answer the question factually. (GULP!) I proceeded to say that a man has a seed that gets planted into the woman's uterus (the place where the baby grows), and it grows into a baby. His reply was "Like a plant?" And when you reflect on that, we do grow "like a plant," in miraculous stages of development. He got it (in 5 year old terms). I just hope that the next question doesn't come for a few years...not ready for that. Maybe we should just stick with Sesame Street for a while? :)

No comments: