Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thankful

Life is so precious. Every breath, every moment we have should be treasured. Unfortunately, in the midst of all the busyness with children it is hard to see what matters most - that God has granted me one more day to make memories with the people I love. I say this because I thought I might die a couple days ago. After spending Thanksgiving with both my husband's family and mine (it was wonderful), I went home and started feeling AWFUL - chills, aches, then nausea, THEN the left side of my chest, shoulder and ribs started to hurt. My mind ran with thoughts of "Oh my God! I'm having a heart attack. Something is really wrong." I didn't want to take a chance, so I headed to the ER. I spent over 2 hours in the waiting room, waiting to be put in a bed. I was feeling so awful that I had to lay down on the floor until they called me - UGH?! These are the moments that bring me to my knees. I began to pray to God to help me, to give me strength, to watch over my family if it was my time to go...such powerful thoughts in prayer. After spending NINE hours in the ER (they were crazy busy), doing blood tests, an X-ray, an EKG, and tracking my heartrate and blood pressure, it was determined that I have PNEUMONIA - yikes! I'll take that over a heart attack any day. They pumped me with antibiotics, sent me home with 5 prescriptions, and told me to get lots of rest (we'll see how that works with the kiddos). In the end, I am grateful to have this day to hear the chaos of my children downstairs with my wonderful husband caring for them. I am grateful that my children welcomed me at the door with concerned looks when I returned home from the hospital. I am grateful for the gentle hugs, and adoring smiles I receive from my kids. I am grateful for my amazing husband who is cleaning and cooking as I type. Thanksgiving has a whole new meaning for me this year! God has blessed me beyond words.

2 comments:

The Trotter Family said...

Wow, that is crazy! I hope the doc has you all fixed up now. Feeling better? Let me know if you need anything!

Melissa said...

Do you know how thankful I am to know you?? You are inspiring in so many ways m'dear...you no not how much. I am also, greatly thankful that your health is bouncing back. Hugs xoxo