Wednesday, September 15, 2010

1st Grade Here He Comes...



Joseph has always been SO independent (what is with my children?!), and I am so proud of who he is. I found out the day before school started that he was selected to be in a 1st/2nd grade combination class this year. I had mixed emotions about it, knowing that it will be a challenge not only for the 1st grade students but also for the teacher. After thinking a while, I became so incredibly proud of this little 6 year old boy who I am blessed to call my son :) He is very smart (but what parent doesn't think that about their child, right?), outgoing, confident, independent and competitive, which is why I believe that this class is perfect for him. Sorry for he bragging session, but hey, I'm a proud mom! It has been 3 days since he started, and he LOVES his new class so I pray that he always feels this way about school. As a teacher before having my kids, my ONLY goal with my students was that they enjoyed school. In my eyes, Joseph's teacher must be doing something right because he wakes up ready, excited and eager to go to 1st grade :)

No comments: