Monday, March 22, 2010

Desire within my heart

A friend asked me tonight "Could you really do it all again?" in reference to having another child. My answer was immediately "YES!" I never thought I'd feel this way, but I do. When I watch my boys enjoy playing with each other so much, I desire just one more. When I dress up my pretty little girl and am brought to tears by her sweet girliness, I desire just one more. When I look in the rear view mirror and see my beautiful blessings, I desire just one more. When I snuggle in bed and read stories to my handsome boys, I desire just one more. When I sing lullabies and hold my dainty baby girl so close, I desire just one more. It is not that I don't thoroughly enjoy my children. It is that each child brings so much more love and joy into our home, and my desiring heart. It is because I love my children so much that I would LOVE to have just one more, but I won't. That decision has been made for me.

2 comments:

The Trotter Family said...

You are fantastic mom and I think you would be wonderful with 20! I think even if you don't have any more of your own, you will be a mother to any child that walks in your door. P.S. I will let you snuggle with mine to soothe that craving!

Jenny said...

Hi, I've tried to reach you a couple of times previously. Your blog name infringes on my trademark. Can you please contact me at mizzjenny at gmail dot com?