Monday, October 19, 2009

He's talking!

The feelings that come from having a child with a speech issue (articulation) are frustration, sadness, guilt (what might I have done wrong?), helplessness, etc. Why can't he speak correctly? Is there something wrong with his cognition (brain)? What can I do to help my son? I have even wondered if he would ever talk "normal."


And then the day comes when he begins to articulate clear words and sentences. It feels like the sun is shining brighter. It feels hopeful. I feel so proud to hear words out of his little mouth that EVERYONE can understand. He will still need speech therapy, but HE'S TALKING. I can communicate with my son. It is always a blessing when our child speaks, but after waiting a long time it is ten times the blessing to hear Matthew's little voice speaking so clearly. It brings tears to my eyes to even express these true feelings.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

And this just brought a tear of happiness to my eye as well. What a joyful month October has become!!! xo